Monday, May 13, 2013

7 For all Mankind Launch with Nikki Reed


Last week I had the pleasure of attending the Grand Opening of the 7 for all Mankind store at The Mall at Millenia with their special event featuring the new jewelry line by actress/singer/designer Nikki Reed. The store, as you can imagine, was perfect in every way. The clothes were bright, fresh, and crisply folded and presented. It was like every item in the store was eager to show off for the grand opening. The drinks were fancy and the tunes were tight; pretty amazing shopping experience.

As if the night wasn’t already fabulous, I actually had the opportunity to speak with Nikki Reed about her new jewelry line. Admittedly, this was the first time I actually spoke with a celebrity (I’m pretty sure waving and yelling at a club, while being ignored doesn’t count). I went prepared with a few questions in my head just in case this opportunity arose. What happened when I actually started talking? All the questions went out the window. As I was getting to know her I realized all those questions were wrong. I came up with them for someone that I didn’t know but at that moment I knew her. Oddly enough, we spent the first few minutes discussing my life. I have no idea why. It was a case of reverse interview and she was asking me questions about my blog, my life, my marriage (I learned about hers too!). It soon felt like I was catching up with an old friend. But then I finally took control of the interview and moved the conversation along to more important matters – the jewelry, of course!



When I asked Nikki about the jewelry the first thing she said was that each piece had a story or special meaning. She had me at “story”. My favorite story was for the Humility Necklace, which she lovingly referred to as “my brother’s necklace” because it is based on their shared concern that bees are becoming an endangered species and their interest in bee farming to help prevent this. In essence, without bees around, there will be a serious problem with mankind surviving (read more about it here). This necklace is a tribute to celebrate and remind them of this bond. Could you ask for a more meaningful piece of jewelry?? I took home one of her other amazing pieces that I can’t wait to share with you. Check back on Thursday to see how I styled her jewelry and the story behind my piece.


(Nikki excited to meet my husband...haha) 

(Talking about the stories behind the jewelry) 




What I’m rockin’:
Blazer- Mango
Blouse- Target
Skinny Jeans- American Eagle
Pumps- BCBG
Necklace- Target
Clutch- Target
Ring- Kate Lyn Boutique in Winter Garden

2 comments:

  1. So cool that you got to meet Nikki Reed! The jewelry is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I loved the jewelry, so beautiful!

      Delete